Gas Meter Box Door Replacement (MK2)
Out of stock
All standard shipping charges are included within our prices to Uk mainland and will take 2-5 working days to arrive. Express postage is an option at checkout 1-2 working days. Shipping to Scottish Highlands, Channel Islands and Northern Ireland is available for a small additional charge (note it may take longer than the 2-5 days to arrive) Please note a signature is required for all items over £10.
If you are not happy with your purchase then please return the unused item within 30 days for a full refund. The buyer pays return postage.
Pay securely with your credit or debit card. Payment is processed by our secure payment partner and industry leader “Stripe”. Payment pages are hosted on secure SSL encrypted, PCI compliant servers and guaranteed safe. We also accept Paypal. You can pay over the phone on the number listed below. Calls are handled in the UK and none of your card information is stored. We also accept cheques or you can transfer payment direct through your bank (details provided at checkout). Still struggling? Get in touch to discuss alternative payment options.
This British Standard compliant gas meter box door replacement is suitable for the UK standard mark 2 Meter box (or MK2). This highly durable gas meter box door replacement is made from Glass Reinforced Plastic (GRP), making it both lightweight as well as corrosion and temperature resistant. There is no need to worry about a rusty meter box door when the rain comes!
The dimensions of this Gas Meter Box Door Replacement (MK2) are as follows:
- Height: 381mm (15 inches)
- Width: 344mm (13.54 inches)
Please take special care to ensure that this door is the correct fit for your current meter box to avoid costly and inconvenient returns! The best way to find out the size of your meter box door is to open it and measure it from the inside.
- Compliant to British Standard BS 8499: 2009
- Constructed from GRP – Glass Reinforced Plastic
- Due to its material, this box will not corrode and it is fully weather-resistant
- The material is easily cleaned and maintained, to keep it looking as good as new
- You can paint your meter box door
- Right-hand hinged
One of the best things about this gas meter box door replacement is that there is no need to pay a handy-man to come and fit it for you. Here are some instructions to help you along the way:
- The right-hand side of the box has pre-drilled holes into which the door pins are inserted.
- Hold the door and insert the solid stainless steel pin into the top recess.
- Press in the brass spring pin fully and slide into the bottom recess allowing the pin to spring back into the pre-drilled hole.
- Close the door as normal and lock.
If you would like to learn more about how to fit your new gas meter box door, take a look at our ‘how to replace a meter door’ guide where you can find a video demonstration. But if you have any further questions, do not hesitate to get in touch. We’re here to help!
Looking for a gas meter box door replacement that is suitable for your UK standard mark 1 Meter box? View the Gas Meter Box Door Replacement (MK1) here.