Pair of Overboxes for Gas or Electricity Meters
£134.99 inc VAT
All standard shipping charges are included within our prices to Uk mainland and will take 2-5 working days to arrive. Express postage is an option at checkout 1-2 working days. Shipping to Scottish Highlands, Channel Islands and Northern Ireland is available for a small additional charge (note it may take longer than the 2-5 days to arrive) Please note a signature is required for all items over £10.
Please allow an additional 10 working days for Black or Anthracite.
If you are not happy with your purchase then please return the unused item within 30 days for a full refund. The buyer pays return postage.
Pay securely with your credit or debit card. Payment is processed by our secure payment partner and industry leader “Stripe”. Payment pages are hosted on secure SSL encrypted, PCI compliant servers and guaranteed safe. We also accept Paypal. You can pay over the phone on the number listed below. Calls are handled in the UK and none of your card information is stored. We also accept cheques or you can transfer payment direct through your bank (details provided at checkout). Still struggling? Get in touch to discuss alternative payment options.
Are your existing gas or electric meter box doors damaged? This product offers a fast and affordable DIY solution! This overbox is suitable for gas and electric recessed (inset) meter boxes. It’s commonly the case that inset meter boxes are not only the most disruptive to repair, but also the most costly. Avoid this inconvenience with this favoured solution designed to fit over an existing damaged meter box. This overbox can be used for gas or electric meter box installations with a vent position above or below the meter door, and is suitable for all kinds of weather conditions due to its durability. Whether both your current boxes are damaged, or you would like to replace unsightly boxes; this product offers the solution.
As mentioned above, the difficulty and cost of fixing an inset meter box can be huge, but don’t be duped into purchasing a cheaper alternative that will only cause you greater problems down the line. Purchase highly durable overboxes, such as ours that are crafted from high impact engineering grade Thermoplastic polymer material; providing protection for years to come!
The dimensions of this pair of overboxes are as follows:
- 634mm height x 494mm width x 100mm depth
The product can fit over existing inset meter boxes with overall sizes no bigger than:
- 618mm height x 440mm width x 66mm depth.
Please take special care to ensure that this cover is the correct fit for your current meter box to avoid costly and inconvenient returns!
- Contains two overboxes
- Compliant to British Standard BS 8499: 2009
- This meter box cover is made from High Impact Engineer Grade Plastic (ASA Plastic Acrylonitrile Styrene Acrylate), UV weather resistant Thermoplastic polymer material – the same plastic as roof boxes or guttering
- Due to its material, this box will not corrode and it is fully weather-resistant
- The material is easily cleaned and maintained, to keep it looking as good as new for years to come
- Available in black or white
- Suitable to be painted
- Firstly, remove the old meter door from the damaged meter box, and then place the overbox over it.
- Using the guide holes, line up and mark the fixing points for the meter overbox on the brickwork using a pencil.
- Drill into the holes, and rawplug the holes to allow fixing of the overbox frame.
- Then refit the overbox frame, realign to the drill hole points and screw into place.
If you would like to learn more about fitting a gas and electric overbox, take a look at our ‘how to fit an overbox’ guide where you can find a video demonstration.